...

Zach Deputy: Sending Me For A Loop

So, upon searching and scowering the internet for some new shows in San Diego to post for work (real work, not this this...yet it still applies, nonetheless.)I came across a show at Winston's in Ocean Beach, Calif. featuring this "One Man Band."

As a fan of the self-proclaimed OG of the One Man Band, Sir Jack Black, I was intrigued and had many questions. So I did what any serious journalist would do and went straight to YouTube to scope out the street cred of the one they call Zach Deputy.



At first when I started watching this video, I couldn't help but wonder why this guy was sitting down. Was he lazy? Was he tired? Had he walked five hundred miles and then walked five hundred more miles, just to be the man who walked a thousand miles, to fall down at your door? "One Man Band" is a serious title, and as the man occupying such, he has the responsibility to single-handedly rock my socks off and I just didn't know if that was possible sitting down.

Anywho, to my absolute delight I discovered that Mr. Deputy (real name?...investigation pending) dabbles in the musical art of live looping which basically consists of "layering sounds through the magic of technology to create a full band effect."

BRILLIANT! Of course he is not the only one to do it, but I must say he pretty much nails it with the beatbox.


Oooo and when he gets real funky performing "Sunshine," how can you resist this man!? I just don't know...I just do not know. Break it down son. And I'll see you in OB.


 

Where to stalk me

passiONEdrop

Insta-Snaps

What I'm Listening To