...

Hozier • Like Real People Do

I guess this is my weekly Hozier post, but let's go a little deeper than his awesome covers, shall we? It is almost his birthday after all.

Image of Andrew Hozier-Byrne, or Hozier, looking off in the distance for a promotional photo.
It's only taken 6 short months since the proper release of his first album (most of the tracks made their first debuts on smaller EPs earlier on) for this guy to completely set on fire. Sold out shows, a Radio 1 appearance and his name etched on this year's Coachella lineup, a coveted accolade for any newcomer or veteran artist.

In my opinion, with the amount of soul in his voice, he really can do no wrong, but it really helps that his lyrics are pure gold. I'm drawn by his comforting experiences, in love and life, and completely pulled in by his honest and vulnerable take on relationships.

He's been on a continuous playlist I've clutched onto for support these last few months. Composed of mostly HypeM finds, the Jack Steadman's Hallelujah Edit (that's a mouthful) of From Eden has been a stand out of ways to escape the overkill of the TMTC overload. I've also gotten to enjoy hearing his voice the last few nights as I arrived home, since my roommate has had a similar infatuation with his sexy soulful talents.

Although he's definitely a breath of fresh air in the mainstream, that's not to say there aren't definitely a few acts that have tapped into this soulful quality in the last few years - I'm looking at you Pickwick!

But again, Hozier has come out as the whole package of soul & talent that everyone seems to love.

Upon further inspection of the tracks on his eponymous debut studio album, I'm in love too. I like how it all has a cohesive story of who he is, or at least who he was when he was writing. I'm a fan of lyrics crafted to place you there, in their space and time. Mostly because it might just mirror yours as well.

Here's a few that I'd be remised if I didn't include in this post, and the lyrics that made me enjoy them that much more.


"Babe, there's something tragic about you
Something so magic about you
Don't you agree?"

"Babe, there's something lonesome about you
Something so wholesome about you
Get closer to me"



"I could not ask you where you came from,
I could not ask and neither could you"

"Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips,
We could just kiss like real people do"



"Would things be easier if there was a right way?
Honey, there is no right way."



"Honey, when you kill the lights, and kiss my eyes,
I feel like a person for a moment of my life"


God it feels good to be alone with you.

0 comments:

 

Where to stalk me

passiONEdrop

Insta-Snaps

What I'm Listening To