...

3-for-60: Coachella Countdown Vol. 2

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, A-Trak & Beardyman

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti

I don't know if this is just me but I feel like skipping around and enjoying a huge serving of afternoon delight upon listening to APHG. The family-style harmonies and head bobin groove these cats deliver makes me wanna let loose on a warm Sunday and dance with extended index fingers (Rosie style). While amongst the crowd, if i do indeed make it to see them, I would expect nothing but positive vibes to and fro.

Speaking of vibes, "Round and Round" kind of reminds me of hanging out at my parents' softball games as a kid. I'll always wonder why they chose to spend their Saturdays fraternizing with individuals whose outward appearances alone made them perfect candidates to work the tilt-a-whirl at a county fair. Sweet nostalgia...

M.O.T.S: Ariel gets a YE...if for nothing more than reminding me of that terrific era of my youth, that I probably should have blocked out long ago.

Check out this ode to the 80s aerobics era...backed by APHG's song "Round and Round"



A-Trak

Another techno favorite of mine, or at least one whose name I recognize. Saw him at Audiotistic, and he was definitely one of the highlights of my first rave experience. "Heads Will Roll" has been a staple in my every downtown excursion since. With the more recent releases of "Ray Ban Vision" & a remix of Robyn's "Indestructible," I'm stoked on the prospect of unleashing new levels of school girl excitement when I know (and get to sing obnoxiously) all the words :P.

Blogs that feature A-Trak:
Sheena Beaston



Beardyman

Solely based on his name alone, he is my favorite performer of all time.
Solely based on his music...I think Beardyman is schizophrenic.

You decide...
beat box, dub step, electronic, sampling= psychotically good times?

Although A. Skillz & Beardyman's "Got the Rhythm" is definitely a crowd pleaser in my book.

I digress...


 

Where to stalk me

passiONEdrop

Blog Archive

Insta-Snaps

What I'm Listening To